Thursday, January 29, 2015

And they call me wicked

from the reported memoirs of Shannon O'Dowd

You think I'm a monster. You have no idea what a monster is. Yeah, I have a bone to pick, righteous anger, divine vengeance. Betcha you would feel the same if you were thrown overboard with 90 pounds of cement hugging your heels.
No, I'm not sore, just want to settle a score. Imagine holding your breath as long as you possibly can until cold dark water starts filling your lungs. Panic sets in. Your body wants to live, but deep down, you know you only have a few minutes tops. Not much fun seeing the grim reaper making his move. And then it's all black. And the black goes on for what seems an infinite time. There ain't no light at the end of a tunnel or angels with open arms. It is dark, freezing and frightening as all hell.
And all over a woman.
So I kill one and the bosses go beserk. Hypocrites. They've whacked plenty themselves. Guess this one hit them where it hurts. I was reminding them how precious life really is. So easy to forget that. She wasn't anything special or divine. Just another gal who wanted to be a Hollywood star. Yeah, she had the goods, but not the desire. Daddy spoiled her, there wasn't anything behind the eyes. I was doing her a favor. It got a little out of hand. Those things happen.
And of course, that didn't please the North siders too much. O'Connell gave the go-ahead without even scratching his ass. And this is from the man who said I showed promise. That I carved up his enemies like a splayed trout made no difference. That I filled his pocketbook with thousands didn't cause him to pause. I can only imagine what he said, the fat bastard.
So here I am, in a new world, a new time, and the old neighborhood isn't even there. The streets still are, and I know this town like the back of my hand.
I'm not a patient man. No biding my time. I shall be ruthless and terrible. Unleash a most brutal fury. There isn't any innocent blood. The sins of the father shall stain their brethren. And no power of man can stop me. This is justice defined. Again, I shall remind everyone how precious life can be.
It's about time.

No comments: