Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Music is my Life!

Madison Stewart
vocalist for Forsaken Sanctuary
Goth/Trance fusion
Yes, we rock!

I'm usually not one to complain, but- I am finding it extremely difficult to accept what has happened recently. I miss my dad. Even though he was a real cheap bastard, he was sweet. Sometimes he would get these really amazing flowers for me. I have no idea how he got them and where, but they always made my day.
It was terrible that I had to identify his body at the morgue. Stupid bitch of a mom, "Couldn't handle it." Whatever. The way he looked, I still have nightmares. Nobody should go through that.
So glad uncle Jake is here.  Haven't seen him in years. I love him, but he's like the most strangest man I have ever known. I hardly know anything about him. Alison, may the angels be with her, said that he is a hit-man for the mob. Yeah, right. And I'm Lorde. She said he makes people disappear. I don't see it. He seems so normal to me. But then, he saved me from the Shannon O'Dowd. I don't remember much about it now. It was like a really weird dream.
But he does take care of me. It's funny to watch him try to be a dad, like he has no idea about teenagers or music or fashion. It's almost like he's from another time period. But he does try. He took me to this diner that no one I know has heard of for lunch. Get this- there's no menus. And yet the waitress brings me this fabulous plate of blueberry pancakes with hot maple syrup. It's exactly what I've been jonzing for. That was way cool.
My band, Forsaken Sanctuary gigs out the local circuit on a regular basis. We're gearing for a label deal. Bestie Taylor thinks we are so close. I hope so. Be nice to finally make it.
Lately I've notice we are collecting an odd sort of new fans. They aren't the usual Goth kids or sway-dancers. Have no idea where they come from. Some of them are older too. Like you'd think they should be taking care of the grandkids. Strange clothes too. And not more like a fashion risk than a fashion statement.
Whatever.

Maddy

No comments: