Monday, January 26, 2015

The character's Flaw is the character's drive towards redemption

Jake Stewart, retired contract assassin.
Am I flawed? Can't say that I am. Hey, we all have skeletons in the closet. Suppose I have more than most. But flaw- nah. I've seen worse. And most of them are underground now. Consider me a constigency plan. Sort of Plan B when those in charge can't figure out Plan A. Most of the time, Plan B is the easy way out. Why should I complain, it keeps me employed. Now I've heard rumors of me being the angel of death and all that, which is a load of crock, but it serves its purpose. Having a title or rather, a reputation that proceeds me is very useful. First of all, it keeps the crack-pots out. And the crazies at bay.
What is so interesting is that things- are not what they seem. Especially now.
I prayed for hours on end for forgiveness. And now this. Whoever says God doesn't have a sense of humor is a flat out liar.
Ironic to say the least that I am the one who now transports the dead to their final destination. Those of the wicked and most unkind shackled to meet Fate's fury and God's wrath.
Glad it ain't my time yet. And either am I complaining. This is heavy duty job and I keep a smile on my face. As I see it, better them than me. Consider it my get out of hell free card.
All is a day's work.
And yes, God loves me.

Jake 

an excerpt from Blood on my Hands

No comments: